CARTHAGO SUN I - Approved
CWHBA SPT - Olds, AB
|Date of Birth:
||J.E.S. Breeding Farm|
||J.E.S. Breeding Farm, Calgary AB|
||64085 226 Ave West, Foothills, AB T1S 2Y9|
||403-256-0808 Fax: |
In keeping with his Holsteiner performance bloodlines, CARTHAGO SUN I became Champion of the first Cw Stallion Performance Test in 2000. In his short showjumping career he earned Reserve Championships and placings up to 1.30 m.
CAPITOL I, his paternal grandsire, was leading sire of showjumpers worldwide 2000/2001. Capitol's offspring DOBEL'S CENTO and CARTHAGO Z placed 1st and 2nd respectively in the Aachen(Germany) Grand Prix 2000.
DAVOS, Carthago Sun's dam, was awarded CWHBA ELITE MARE status and topped the list of outstanding mares in Canada with 15 points. Her sire SCHAMPUS XX is by JULIO MARINER XX, an extraordinary sire of steeplechase horses. TALENTA, dam of Davos, is a full-sister to SUEHNE, who produced the grey stallion COME ON (2nd in the 1997 Hamburg Derby) and the mare FLEUR, ridden successfully by Michael Whitaker, GBR.
Championships of progeny:
- CERA 99 - Performance Field Test 2002
- CONDOR II - Young Horse Division 2002
- CITA 2000 - Grand Champion Mare, Winner of the Performance Field Test 2003.
- CABRIOLET, PANDORA'S CHARM, CHA CHING, CATALINE, CHATTAHOOCHEE, CHILLY PEPPER, CONDOR II, C-SUNNY BOY (b.1999) a.o. won Championships and/or excelled in Jumper/Dressage competitions.
- Taya Sobie and CATALINE (Carthago Sun I x Power/Pilot) just won the "Joe Selinger Memorial Cup" at St. George's Derby Day on July 14, 2016.
21 00219 87
||Cor de la Bryere|
21 01204 89
||Julio Mariner xx
|Set Free xx|
||Dschingis Khan xx|