- June 1 - The Moratorium on the $75 late fees ran until November 30th, 2016. All paperwork and fees needed to have been received by CLRC by Wednesday, November 30th to take advantage of this offer.
For fees and forms go to: Application Forms Contact the Office if you require assistance.
Canadian breeders... although the Moratorium on late Fees is now closed, if you count the USA as part of your market, get your horse/s registered now to avoid any disappointment when it comes to marketing! This will be important in selling horses into the U.S. market and is critical in ensuring that Canadian bred horses are properly identified and tracked throughout their life.
Changes requiring identification of competition horses prompted the CWHBA to institute this temporary Late Fee Moratorium to encourage registration of eligible horses not yet registered. Regardless of discipline, get your horse/s registered young, and early when paperwork and DNA are easy to complete!
- 20 October 2015 - Canada's Warmblood Horse Breeding Association is proud to announce the election of our representative, Mr. Chris Gould, to a position on the Board of the World Breeding Federation for Sport Horses (WBFSH) General Assembly in Vienna, Austria. Pictured: Chris Gould at the 2015 WBFSH General Assembly in Vienna :: Photo© Ridehesten
- July 23 - Horses Tested Positive for Vesicular Stomatitis in Weld County, Colorado July 17, 2014. Cases have also been identified in the state of Texas in 2014. Vesicular Stomatitis - Fact Sheet
- July 9 - The Canadian Show Jumping Team is Announced for the Developing Rider Tour to include CSI 3* Ascona, SUI, from July 24 - 27, 2014 and at CSIO 3* - W Bratislava including the Nations' Cup competition at CSIO 3* - W Bratislavia, SVK, from August 7 - 10, 2014. 2008 Olympic team silver medalist Jill Henselwood, 51, of Oxford Mills, ON, has declared Quidam Blue (Quidam's Rubin/Come On/Pilot/Weinberg), a nine-year-old German-bred (Hanoverian) stallion owned by Equitop Farm and Juniper Farms, as her mount for the European tour. Quidam Blue is approved by CWHBA.
- July 1 - New Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation came into effect this date, requiring your consent to continue e-mailing you. E-news - sign up here
- June 26 - Endurance Canada announced the team for the Endurance Championship at the 2014 Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games in Normand, held August 23 - September 7. Prominent CWHBA member and breeder Roxy Bell DVM, has been named assistant team Canada veterinarian.
- June 9 - Canada Wins Bid to Host 2018 FEI World Equestrian Games™ to Bromont/Montreal as host city, with the Games to be held at the Bromont Olympic Equestrian Park.
- June 5 - Canada Loses Top Industry Investor and Businessman - George Tidball. George and his wife, Dianne, established internationally acclaimed horse shows at Thunderbird Show Park, in B.C. Dianne passed a mere two weeks after George.
- June 3 - The Equine Canada Canadian Eventing Committee is pleased to announce the Athlete Development Program, Eventing - No Boundaries, the Eventing Talent Identification Program for 2014. Our own Sandra Donnelly is named to the 2014 Talent Scout/Spotter Team. Eventing - No Boundaries
- le 3 juin - Le comité Concours complet canadien de Canada Hippique a le plaisir d'annoncer la mise en place de l'initiative Concours complet sans frontières (Eventing - No Boundaries), faisant partie du Programme de découverte des talents de 2014 pour le concours complet (Eventing Talent Identification Program for 2014). Eventing - No Boundaries
- May 28 - FEI Celebrates Pivotal Decision on International Sport Horse Movement (Travel) - Eurodressage article
- May 5 - Fabriano OT-[CAN]APPR980-87 S (Wendulan/Azur/Leutnant) Passed Away at age 26. He sired 775 registered sport horses of which 40 performed at S-level in dressage and 14 at S-level in show jumping. He produced 120 state premium mares, 15 licensed sons and 182 sport horses that sold at auction in Germany. Eurodressage article
- May 1 - Moratorium announced, on Late Fees for registrations until September 1, 2014.
- April 10 - Ten German State Studs have mutually signed and sent an open letter to the breeding department of the German Equestrian Federation (FN) about the reformation of the Stallion Performance Testing (HLP). The State Studs want no breeding rights for 3-year old stallions until they successfully pass a summer or autumn performance testing. - Eurodressage article
- April 5 - CLRC 2014 Annual Meeting and Animal Pedigree Act Presentation regarding the review and possible repeal of the Animal Pedigree Act. Ronald Black, General Manager of the Canadian Livestock Records Corporation, explained the importance of the act and how a repeal would negatively affect Canadian breeds. CLRC Letter to member associations.
- March 20 - Maya Markowski and her Advanced level Dressage horse, Lumiere - ON-[CAN]6109-03 G (Lynx x Heike II) enjoyed her second year representing Canada in the Nations Cup in Florida. Read her Bio here.
- March 15 - CWHBA National AGM - a first with video conferencing!
- March 15 - New Chair, Mrs. Charmaine Bergman, of Prince Albert, Saskatchewan elected unanimously at 2013 CWHBA National AGM
- February 18 - Ottawa, ON: Dressage Canada announced two teams to represent Canada at the Adequan Global Dressage Festival CDI-O3* February 18 to 23, at the Palm Beach International Equestrian Center in Wellington, Florida, with Maya Markowski (St. Clements, ON) / Lumiere, named to Canadian Team 2 named with her 11-year-old Canadian Warmblood gelding owned by Maya Markowski.
- February 16 - 2014 STALLION SERVICE AUCTION
- February 5-9 - 2014 Equine Canada Annual Convention in Winnipeg, MB
- January 2 - Mississauga, ON: The new Canadian Warmblood National Office opens.
- Manfred Lopp, retired Hauptsattelmeister of the Celle National State Stud, died at the age of 80
- Manfred Lopp, Hauptsattelmeister retraité du Haras National de Celles’est éteint à Celle, le 21 mars 2010 à l'âge de 80 ans
- 2010 Eastern Canadian Free Jumping Competition - March 28, 2010, Uplands Farm
- Dressage Affaire, a CDI3*, Del Mar, CA; Joni-Lynn Peters of Armstrong, BC and Travolta, win Intermediaire I Freestyle with 67.400% - March 13-14, 2010
Breeder's Digest - the CWHBA Magazine with News, Articles & More
Previous Years: This section will be expanded as the old web site is archived on this new site.