ROYAL TOURMALET SPF - Approved
Sport - USA
|Date of Birth:
||PO Box 1198, Sound Beach, NY 11789|
||805-479-3398; 631-239-1839; Fax: 631-849-4396|
If you are looking to add temperament, rideability and correct gaits to your program, Royal Tourmalet SPF ('Artie') is your guy! Artie is a perfect example of balanced conformation and power needed in Sport Horse Breeding; and, when you add in his phenomenal temperament, you will produce performance horses suited for both professionals and amateurs. Royal Tourmalet SPF's fluid walk, expressive trot, and enormous uphill canter are a pleasure to ride; and, he is able to extend and collect with ease, and shows early talent for piaffe.
Royal Tourmalet is a stunning stallion, showing great presence and expression with a beautiful soft eye. He sports a brilliant mahogany bay coat with a bronze metallic sheen; and has four white socks and a blaze. His first foal, Royal Madeleine CG, is beautifully correct and modern and inherited his incredible temperament and 'chrome'.
Judges commented frequently on 'the good use of his topline with elasticity and swing' in the walk; his 'good energy, suspension, cadence and ground cover' in the trot; his 'modern type and attractive uphill build'; his 'good shoulder and saddle position'; his 'strong loin and good bone'; and his 'well set neck and well angled hind leg'. Perhaps, though, a highlight was the General Impression score and comment from the incomparable Lisolette Fore. Judge Fore awarded Artie with 8.3 and commented 'Good character. Very calm, but still with good energy”'. That completely sums up this wonderful stallion. When winning the Dr. Robert Miller Memorial Perpetual Trophy in 2015, top Breed Show Judge, Kristi Wysocki’s General Impression comment says it all, 'Good Breeding Type'.
Royal Tourmalet SPF's career highlights include:
- 2015 Dressage at Devon Born in the USA Champion Stallion;
- 2015 USEF Zone Champion Open Training Level Dressage;
- 2015 USEF Zone Champion Materiale;
- 2015 USEF Reserve National Grand Champion Training Level Dressage;
- 2015 NEDA Year End Champion Materiale;
- 2014 Dressage at Devon Born in the USA Champion Materiale, 3 YO Stallions;
- 2014 USEF National Grand Champion Materiale;
- 2014 USEF Reserve National Grand Champion DSHB;
- 2014 USEF Zone Championships in both Materiale and DSHB; and,
- in competition year 2015, Royal Tourmalet SPF earned scores above 80% in Dressage Sport Horse Breeding, Materiale, and Open Training Level Dressage.
Royal Tourmalet's sire, Royal Prince, was the Reserve Champion at both his 30- and 70- Day Performance Tests and his grandsire, Rohdiamant, was a successful Grand Prix dressage horse, short-listed for the U.S. Olympic Team.
||Prince Thatch xx
|Stute von Aumund|