How to Register Your Canadian Warmblood
- Membership -You must be a full member. – Join here
- Eligibility – The pedigree of your foal must trace to, at minimum, one Warmblood parent.
- Mare Entry – The dam of your foal must be entered in the CWHBA studbook. Which means:
- She has been inspected and/or entered for breeding.
- Her registration or entry number will have a suffix A, P2, P1, M or MM.
- Her DNA will be on file.
- You are on record as the owner or lessee at time of foaling.
- Stallion Entry – The sire of your foal must be an approved and entered stallion or a WBFSH member foreign registered and approved stallion in which case you must provide:
- studbook and inspection status in his registry
- DNA markers.
- Registration – Complete both pages of the registration form for foals
- draw the markings in and fill in the description.
- include DNA hair sample with DNA Kit.
- Include a breeding certificate.
- If you purchased the foal prior to registration you sign as the owner of the foal, but the breeder is the person you purchased from. A copy of the bill of sale needs to accompany the application.
- Fees – Look up the fees on the fee schedule; remember to include the GST/HST that applies to your province. Payment may be made by cheque, etransfer or credit card.
For all registration or pedigree questions contact the help desk at email@example.com